The Parkinson's Foundation offers several different grants to encourage young scientists, clinicians, and students to devote their talents to the study of Parkinson's disease (PD):
- Postdoctoral Fellowships: two-year fellowships for young scientists, fresh from their Ph.D. training or neurology residencies.
- Summer Fellowships: fellowships for 10 weeks of clinical or laboratory work with a $4,000 award.
- Visiting Scholar Awards: $4,000 stipend to support the travel and housing of scholar while visiting a host laboratory to learn new techniques that will benefit their Parkinson's research.
- Partnership Awards: collaborative partnerships supporting top clinician-scientist training, patient-oriented PD research and medical student PD studies.
- Nurse Faculty Award: seed grant funding intended to support Edmond J. Safra Visiting Nurse Scholars (alumni of the “VNF”).