- Contact Name:Robin MillerContact Email:Rmiller@parkinson.orgContact Phone:561-962-1702Event Image:Event Date Min:Monday, June 25, 2018Event Location:2301 Glades Rd.Ste.300Boca Raton, FL 33431United StatesEvent Chapter:South Palm Beach County
- Contact Name:Robin MillerContact Email:Rmiller@parkinson.orgContact Phone:561-962-1702Event Image:Event Date Min:Thursday, July 12, 2018Event Location:7110 Beracasa WayBoca Raton, FL 33433United StatesEvent Chapter:South Palm Beach County
- Contact Name:Robin MillerContact Email:Rmiller@parkinson.orgContact Phone:561-962-1702Event Date Min:Saturday, July 14, 2018Event Location:United States
The Parkinson's Foundation is proud to sponsor this meeting's Fellows Mentoring Luncheon.
The 2018 “Aspen Course” is a continuation of the highly successful program previously of Columbia University, a Parkinson's Foundation Center of Excellence, from 1990 until it came to MDS in 2016. The course is designed for general neurologists, neurology residents, Movement Disorder fellows, and other healthcare professionals who which to enhance their knowledge of Movement Disorders.
This program will discuss the classification of these disorders, their differential diagnosis, and their treatment. The course curriculum also covers the phenomenology, pathophysiology, pathogenesis, epidemiology, genetics, and other aspects of the entire field of Movement Disorders. This material will be presented in sessions utilizing didactic lectures, clinical discussion, case presentation, video demonstrations and panel discussions.
Participants are encouraged to bring interesting cases from their own practice for presentation during the “Night Video Rounds” session.
Michael S. Okun, MD, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA, a Parkinson's Foundation Center of Excellence
Cynthia Comella, MD, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA, a Parkinson's Foundation Center of Excellence
- Recognize and classify parkinsonism, tremor, and other movement disorders
- Differentiate atypical parkinsonism from Parkinson’s disease
- Appraise treatment approaches for parkinsonism, dystonia, tremor, chorea, and other movement disorders
- Evaluate the phenomenology and classification of functional (psychogenic) disorders
- Formulate and classify gait disorders in parkinsonism, ataxia, and other hypokinetic or hyperkinetic movement disorders
This course is designed for general neurologists, neurology residents, Movement Disorders fellows, and other health professionals who wish to enhance their knowledge of Movement Disorders.
Additional programs such as luncheons and professional development are planned for fellows
Fee(s):Visit registration page for detailsEvent Date Min:Sunday, July 29, 2018 to Thursday, August 2, 2018Event Location:Aspen, COUnited States
- Patient care & procedural skills
- Employ evidence-based practice
- Increase medical knowledge
- Event Date Min:Monday, August 6, 2018 to Thursday, August 9, 2018Event Location:OHSU Parkinson Center of OregonPortland, OR 97239United States
The KU Medical Center, Parkinson’s disease and Movement Disorder Center, a Parkinson’s Foundation Center of Excellence, will host their 12th annual Parkinson’s Disease Symposium on Saturday, August 11.
Doors open at 8:00 am, program runs from 9:00-12:00
Overland Park MarriottContact Name:Kim NitzContact Email:firstname.lastname@example.orgContact Phone:913.416.4116Event Date Min:Saturday, August 11, 2018Event Location:United StatesEvent Chapter:Heartland
Mental Health & PD- Chris Pulleyn, LMFT
10:00am-12:00pmFee(s):No ChargeContact Name:Nancy NealonContact Email:email@example.comContact Phone:585-234-5355Event Date Min:Saturday, August 18, 2018Event Location:1000 Elmwood AveRochester, NY 14620United StatesEvent Chapter:Greater Rochester
Registration Time: 10am – 12pm
Show Time: 12pm – 3pm
Awards Time: 3pm
Where: Quaker Steak and Lube - 8500 Lyra Dr, Columbus, OH 43240
Food • Awards • Music • and more!
100% of registration comes back to the Parkinson's Foundation!Fee(s):$15/Car, Free for AttendeesContact Name:Dan DavisContact Email:firstname.lastname@example.orgEvent Image:Event Date Min:Saturday, August 25, 2018Event Location:Quaker Steak and Lube8500 Lyra DrColumbus, OH 43240United StatesEvent Chapter:Ohio
- Contact Name:Robin MillerContact Email:Rmiller@parkinson.orgContact Phone:561-962-1702Event Image:Event Date Min:Tuesday, September 4, 2018Event Location:1219 S.Federal HighwayDeerfield Beach, FL 33441United StatesEvent Chapter:South Palm Beach County
Moving Day is more than just a walk. It raises awareness and funds to improve the lives of people living with Parkinson’s disease and advance toward a cure. This inspiring event brings together people of all ages and abilities for family-friendly fun and activities. Moving Day highlights movement and exercise as symbols of hope and progress because of their essential role in treating Parkinson’s disease. Take part in a variety of movement activities such as yoga, Tai Chi, boxing, dance, and much more. Whether you are part of a team or join as an individual, you’ll get a chance to move with hundreds of supporters who share a common goal – to help beat Parkinson’s. Register today!Contact Name:Dan DavisContact Email:email@example.comEvent Date Min:Sunday, September 9, 2018Event Location:Columbus Crew SC MAPFRE Stadium1 Black and Gold BlvdColumbus, OH 43211United StatesEvent Chapter:Ohio