The Edmond J. Safra Visiting Nurse Faculty Program at the Parkinson’s Foundation offers interactive trainings where nursing educators learn from the best in the PD field.
Attendance at a Parkinson’s support group, the development of an independent scholar project to benefit nursing education and Parkinson's, along with 16 clinical hours supplement our curriculum:
- Introduction to epidemiology, signs, symptoms, presentation and progression of Parkinson’s and the chronic care model.
- Nursing care of a person with PD and family from early through advanced disease.
- Medical management of Parkinson’s.
- Surgical management of Parkinson’s.
- Basic, clinical and nursing research in Parkinson’s.
- Resources for a person with PD and the family.
- Role of the multidisciplinary team and rehabilitation strategies in PD.
We submitted this activity to the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses for contact hours award approval. The American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation accredits The American Association of Neuroscience Nurses as an approver of continuing nursing education.