- Provides for portability of health insurance coverage regardless of health to age 65.
- Availability of coverage begins the later of the date your COBRA options expire, or the date your employment ends if you are not eligible for COBRA.
- The decision as to who provides the insurance for this portable product is left to the individual states.
- But regardless of who provides the continuation of coverage, the guarantee is real.
- The beautiful part for people with Parkinson's is that the HIPAA law prohibits any exclusions or limitations for pre-existing conditions.
Content for this section provided by Jack Hungelmann, who has had PD since 1996.