Legal, Financial, Insurance--Making It Work For You
Once you have read and synthesized the legal, financial and insurance aspects of living with Parkinson's disease outlined in earlier sections, it is important to take a step back to make sure that these rights and benefits work for you.
This concluding section will help you do the following:
- Take an honest, consistent, big picture approach which can help you maximize your legal rights.
- Complete a thorough and ongoing self-assessment in writing.
- Coordinate with your health care team to document your eligibility.
- Determine whether you need professional help to assess your legal rights and related financial concerns.
- Look to the future to protect your rights!
Content for this section provided by Mark Rubin, J.D., Chair of NPF's 5th Annual Young Onset Parkinson Network Conference, who has had PD since 1997.