- There may be a frustration and sexual inadequacy in intimate relationships or a more pervasive loss of self-esteem.
- While some couples easily accept limitations or cessation of sexual activity caused by chronic illness, others alteration of sexual functioning can cause a significant emotional crisis.
- It is important to remember that sexual functioning is only one dimension of sexuality and intimacy.
- Sexuality and intimacy can be a time of gentle relaxation for patients, when sharing and touching can improve their sense of well-being.
- Depression is a very important contributing factor for the subjective sense of dissatisfaction with sexuality. Similarly, sexually dissatisfied patients are usually found to be more depressed than sexually satisfied patients, especially men.
Impact of Sexual Problems in Parkinson's
Welcome to the Science News Page. Here you'll find articles relating to the latest scientific discoveries or breakthroughs relating to Parkinson's.