Yoga for Parkinson's
Wellness Retreat for People with Parkinson's and Their Care Partners
Presented in partnership with the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, Stockbridge, MA.
- June 10-14, 2013 (for people living with Parkinson's for more than five years and who meet the mobility requirements)
- October 21-25, 2013 (specially designed for people diagnosed with Parkinson's disease within the last five years and who meet the mobility requirements)
To register, contact NPF at 1-800-4PD-INFO (1-800-473-4636) or email@example.com.
Are you or someone you love living with Parkinson’s disease? Come learn the latest information on research, medication and lifestyle changes that can improve the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s disease.
This program is taught by leading senior Kripalu faculty with experience in working with Parkinson’s disease patients, supported by a leading movement disorder neurologist and is designed for people living with Parkinson’s disease and their loved ones.
Each day of this retreat offers both educational sessions and experiential workshops on the benefits of movement, meditation, yoga, conscious communication and nutrition.
The sessions will cover the latest information on Parkinson’s research as well as medication and lifestyle changes that can affect the course of the disease, improve quality of life, and support personal relationships. In a small group setting, you will learn and experience valuable approaches to living with, or caring for people with, Parkinson’s disease. Join us as we explore ways to live as fully as possible in a unique community of others who are living with Parkinson’s disease and facing the same challenges.
In this program, you will:
- Learn the latest research
- Demystify medications
- Discover what you need to know about exercise and nutrition
- Learn how yoga and meditation can improve the quality of life
- Enjoy yoga, dance and movement classes
- Share and learn from each other in daily care partners breakout groups
- Develop new skills for managing stress and self-care
- Meet and connect with others living with Parkinson’s disease.
June 2013 Agenda
June 2013 Brochure
To find out if you qualify for this program or for more information, please contact the National Parkinson Foundation
Watch this video from the 2010 Kripalu retreat:
Want to Learn More?